Welcoming over 60 local craft and street food traders
CHRISTMAS FAYRE 2022 RETURNS TO ST DONAT’S CASTLE
Our Christmas Fayre, enjoyed by all, returns after 2-years to St Donat’s Castle in the Vale of Glamorgan (near Cardiff and Bridgend).
A unique event in a unique location heralds the start of the festive season. Join us at our popular Christmas Fayre that takes place on the grounds of St Donat’s Castle, with over 60 stalls spread across the grand ground-floor castle rooms, St Donats Arts Centre and exterior gardens.
This popular, family-friendly, annual event showcases a creative mix of handmade designer crafts and street food exhibitors; the perfect opportunity to get into the Christmas swing of things and pick up some great gifts.
With a variety of stalls to browse, from the much loved local traders that return year after year, as well as a number of first-time exhibitors, you’re sure to find that extra special Christmas present – or indulge in a little something for yourself!
Pre-book your little ones’ visit with Santa himself! You’ll find Santa in the grand Dining Hall, and for just £5* per child, they will be able to chat with Santa and receive a selection box for being a good child this year. Younger visitors can also visit the face painting stall too.
If you need to take a short break from shopping, refuel at one of our street food traders or head to the Arts Centre where you will find further indoor food stalls, a cafe selling refreshments and seating with views overlooking the channel. Whilst you are there, watch our live music performances, including music by ‘Finding Fiona’ in the adjoining Tythe Barn.
So, for a fantastic festive family day out, wrap up warm and head to St Donat’s Castle on Sunday 4th December, 10am to 4pm.
Some things to consider:
- Parking is on a grass field so please wear appropriate footwear. Part of this event is also outdoors and there are cobbled areas around the castle
- Dogs are not permitted inside any buildings. Dogs are allowed in the exterior gardens but must remain on the lead at all times and dog waste must be picked up and disposed of appropriately
- If you are bringing a little one, we recommend a baby carrier over a pram or buggy as this is a popular event with large crowds expected. By nature, castle corridors can also be narrow
- Pre-booking is required
- You are not permitted to enter any buildings or rooms not part of the Christmas fayre
- We do not have any cash back facilities. Please ensure you bring cash. Most stalls accept card payments. The nearest ATM is in Llantwit Major
KEY EVENT INFORMATION:
- Sunday 4th December, 10am-4pm
- Book Early and Save: £10 per car / £2pp on foot if booked before 31st October*
- General Entry Fees: £12 per car / £3pp on foot
- Advanced booking required
(*Eventbrite fees apply)
For trader information, please see below.
Christmas Fayre: Trader Information
If you are a trader and would like to apply for a stall, please complete our trader application form.
Supporting local businesses, this annual fayre has over 60 traders from within the local region and Wales and welcomes over 2,000 visitors for this one-day spectacular event.
Exhibition locations include:
- Dining Hall – 20 craft stalls plus Santa experience
- Brandestoke Hall – 20 craft stalls
- Great hall – 7 craft stalls
- Street food market – approximately 8 food vans
- Arts Centre courtyard – approximately 2 food stalls/vans
- Glassroom – 7 food and drink stalls plus cafe and seating
- Gallery – 7 food and drink stalls
Additional spaces include:
- Breakfast room – face painting and activity crafts
- Tythe Barn – music performances and cafe seating
- Top Lawn – birds of prey display
Further information can be found on the application form page. Sign up to our trader mailing list to be kept up to date with Summer and Winter fayres.
- £125 outdoor food trader (stall or van)
- £90 indoor food and craft trader