Activity Day Camp - Summer 2023
When holiday time kicks in for schools, activity experiences kick off here! Mix our cool campus and facilities with our expert outdoor practitioners and you have a magical experience just waiting to happen.
Join UWC Atlantic Experience’s 5-day, non-residential activity camps recommended for children aged 8+ (school years 3-6) this summer.
UWC Atlantic is a remarkable campus based on the grounds of St Donat’s Castle, Llantwit Major and is offering a 5-day non-residential activity camp for ages 8+ (recommended for school years 3-6) that will challenge and excite your children this summer.
Led by the Atlantic Experience team, the course is designed to develop and enhance your self-confidence, problem-solving abilities and teamwork through exposure to a series of challenging adventures in a relaxing and fun-based environment.
Our 2023 summer dates include the weeks commencing:
Sign up to our mailing list here
- Suitable for ages 8+ (recommended school years 3-6)
- £199pp (does not include lunch), 5 day course
- Limited number of spaces available (check eventbrite link for availability)
An example day includes:
08.45-09.00 Drop off and sign in at the Moondance Sports Hall
09.30-12.00 Morning activity and break (snacks provided)
12.00-13.00 Supervised lunch (lunch is not provided)
13.00-16.00 Afternoon activity and break (snacks provided)
16.30-17.00 Collection and sign out from the Moondance Sports Hall
Price includes snacks and refreshments but not lunch. Please provide a packed lunch and sports bottle to be re-filled throughout the day.
Participants must wear suitable sports clothing and footwear. Please pack swimwear daily as the programme activities will be arranged according to the weather.
You will have the opportunity to experience activities such as:
- Climbing activities
- Problem-solving exercises
- Swimming/pool games
- Pool kayaking
- Coastal adventure
- Team games and sports
- Woodland adventure
- Arts and crafts
Please note, the running of some activities may be weather dependent (this includes wet weather and hot weather).
Our instructors have been trained to a high standard in the activities that are being offered, this includes first aid. Instructors will provide a safe and enjoyable environment for the participants to be able to challenge themselves and develop a wide range of skills whilst having fun at the same time. UWC Atlantic Experience is registered and holds current licences for The Adventure Activities Licensing Authority (AALA). Adventure activities licensing ensures that activity providers follow good safety standards and management practices.
Need to know...
TERMS & CONDITIONS 2023 – IMPORTANT BOOKING INFORMATION:
1. You are expected to drop off your child no earlier than 8.45am and collect your child no later than 5pm. If you do not adhere to these times, your child may be removed from the activity camp and no refund will be issued.
2. We will endeavour to honour all activity/function programme, however, in circumstances beyond our control e.g. inclement weather/site maintenance/health & safety recommendations, UWC Atlantic Experience reserve the right to amend your booking. We will, however, give you as much notice as possible should this occasion arise.
3. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that confirmed courses take place, UWC Atlantic Experience reserves the right to cancel a booking for whatever reason. All monies paid to UWC Atlantic Experience in respect of a booking will be refunded in these circumstances.
4. Sickness and Exclusion. Parents or Guardians will be expected to collect a child suspected of suffering from sickness, infection or injury as soon as possible in order to safely reduce the risk to themselves, other children and staff. Refunds will not be given.
5. We cannot reserve spaces, should you wish to book please do this as soon as possible as demand is high and spaces are limited.
6. We do not offer multi-booking discounts
7. Booking refund policy is 30 days. For cancellation periods with less notice, we will be able to offer a refund if we are able to resell the place. In any instance, the booking fee is non-refundable.
8. If you book for multiple weeks, please be aware the same programme repeats each week.
CONSENT STATEMENT 2023
The Non-Residential Activity Day Camp will involve a wide and diverse range of outdoor and sporting activities. This will include activities based on and off the college site. UWC Atlantic has a range of onsite facilities (e.g. climbing wall, swimming pool) and it also benefits from its coastal location.
Taking part in any outdoor and sporting activity involves some element of risk. It is not possible to totally eliminate all risks. The management of safety is the shared responsibility of the participant, parent/guardian and the UWC Atlantic Experience Instructional staff. Where the risks are managed effectively, a balance is achieved between having fun, learning and everyone’s safety.
If required, first aid will be administered by trained and qualified staff. In the event of serious injury and/or illness, medical care will be provided by local doctors or hospital services.
UWC Atlantic Experience is a college department with specific responsibility for outdoor and adventure activities. As part of its safe management our qualified staff will provide risk managed activities. Our safety management system is externally inspected by the Adventurous Activities Licensing Authority as per UK Regulations and Legislation. (License number R0118)
The information provided will help you to understand the nature and risks involved with the activities being delivered. On occasions we may use external providers to deliver our activity, in this case we will ensure that any relevant checks and safety systems are in place and meet the regulatory standards.
If you have any questions regarding the activity camp activities and delivery please contact UWC Atlantic Experience. Parents/Guardians are entitled to withdraw participant consent for any aspect of our services / activities at any time by stating so in writing to UWC Atlantic Experience by contacting email@example.com / +44(0)1446 799000