Winter Break Volunteer
If you are aged 21-25 we would love for you to join us this winter and be part of our Winter Break Volunteer Programme, supporting students who are unable to return home for the winter break.
A selection of up to 10 enthusiastic volunteers will be selected to work together providing a range of activities, events and pastoral support for students remaining on campus as a result of Covid-19.
Once formal training has been completed, volunteers will be expected to:
- Plan, lead and deliver the range of activities for the period of the winter break
- Support the general operations of the College and the activities of the students
- Support the ideals and ethos of the UWC movement
KEY APPLICATION INFORMATION
- Application deadline 12th November 2021
- Interviews will take place virtually, week commencing 14th November
- Suited candidates will ideally be aged 21-25
- All volunteers will need to arrive at UWC Atlantic on or shortly before Sunday 28th November 2021 and remain with us until at least Wednesday 5th January 2022.
- Assistance with transport can be provided from local travel stations (e.g. Cardiff, Bridgend) upon request
- All volunteers will receive full board and lodging on campus
Our training programme will cover the key elements of the role such as safeguarding, activity leadership and session planning.
Equipment and resources will be provided for you to undertake your role as well as support for any ideas or initiatives you may have which can better support the students here on campus.
Full board and lodging will be provided in our 12th-century castle, a pretty unique home for a once in a lifetime experience.